Thursday, January 12, 2012

Review: Carrier of the Mark

Title: Carrier of the Mark
Author: Leigh Fallon
Published: October 4, 2011
Source: Gift

Synopsis:
From the moment she sets foot at her new school in Ireland, Megan is inexplicably drawn to the darkly handsome Adam DeRis. But Megan soon discovers that her feelings for Adam are tied to a supernatural fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that unites them could be their ultimate destruction.

Review:
I LOVED THIS BOOK! AHHHHH!!! WHY DID IT HAVE TO END?!?!?!?!?
Okay, that was my spaz moment for this review. And everything I just said is true. Carrier of the Mark was well-written, attention grabbing, and sexy. All the components a good book needs.

The cover was what originally what had drawn me to the book. And that everyone was talking about the ARC copy of this book on Twitter! I love how she is raised in the air and how the blue is connected to her. Plus the dress is beautiful!! :)

The plot was gripping throughout the whole book. It kept me attentive to the story the entire time. I was able to follow the story, even though the Irish slang was a little confusing. I thought the story ended a little abruptly though. The climax was in the last 20 or so pages and I think she could've expanded the story a little more.

I loved Megan's character. I can't say much about her because that would be spoilery and I don't do those type of reviews! I will say that she is strong and willing to give up anything for love. Even her own life. She takes control of the situation when she doesn't understand something and can take life altering news in stride!

Then there's Adam. *insert swoonage here* He's dark, mysterious, and handsome. The perfect combination! He is the boy that sits in the back and doesn't really talk to anyone. But when Megan comes to town, his swagger is gone, and suddenly he's tripping over himself to get away from her! But why is that? ;)

All in all, I loved this book! It easily get's 51 out of 51 tacos! It was a great read and I highly recommend it! GO READ IT NOW, YOU WON'T BE SORRY!! :)
~~Sam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs