Monday, June 13, 2016

Review: Test Drive

                                                       Title: Test Drive
Test Drive (Body Shop Bad Boys, #1)Author: Marie Harte
Released: June 7, 2016
Synopsis: 
GET TO KNOW THE BODY SHOP BAD BOYS
Johnny, Foley, Sam, and Lou are the rough and tumble mechanics of Webster's Garage. These reformed bad boys are used to living fast, but it's the women in their lives who take them from zero to sixty in a heartbeat.
JOHNNY
Johnny Devlin's a charmer with a checkered past. He has had his eye on scorching-hot bartender Lara Valley for ages, but she's rejected him more than once. That doesn't mean he won't come to her aid when some dirtbag mauls her. When she asks him on a date as a no-strings-attached thank you, he can't say no. And then he's saying nothing but hell, yes.
Praise for Marie Harte's McCauley Brothers series:
"Packed with sass, sensuality and heartwarming emotion...an absolute delight!"-Romance Junkies for What to Do with a Bad Boy
"Funny, addicting, and full of hot sex scenes."-Booklist for How to Handle a Heartbreaker"
My Review:
I could not read this book fast enough! I loved Test Ride so freaking much. It was just the right balance of funny, sweet, and sexy. The writing was so well done that I couldn’t wait to get to the end to see how everything turned out, but I was also a little sad at the end because the story was over!

So, as I said above, the writing and the story were really good. The story was full of good-natured humor between best friends that you only get after knowing someone for a long time. I love these types of books. They make me so happy because I am just chuckling at friends who are acting ridiculous. There honestly was never a dull moment in this story. It was nice to read a story and just feel good while reading it without becoming too sad while reading.

Lara was freaking awesome and reminded me so much of myself. She was a nice person who always wanted to help out and was so freaking busy that she had barely any free time, aka me. She was also tough as nails and didn’t take anybody’s crap, especially Johnny’s. It was great. I honestly loved reading from her point of view because she was a great person who just wanted to better herself and her family’s lives. She is really someone that anyone would want in their life.

Johnny is nothing like you would expect him to be. You were expecting this playboy with a “who cares” attitude but what you really got was a dedicated person, who is smart and intelligent as well as being hot as hell. Johnny was not what I was expecting him to be, his character kept surprising me throughout the story and I loved seeing what would come next from his character. I would let him fix my car anytime.

All in all, this book is definitely worth the read. It was great to see the unexpected traits come out in the different characters and I loved reading about their interactions with their friends. Though, there were moments when I felt like I was missing out on some joke and that was because this is a spin-off series from Marie Harte’s other books the McCauley Brothers Series. You don’t have to read them first, but if you want to know a little more about some of the other characters, it wouldn’t
hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs