Monday, December 05, 2016

ARC Review: Snowbound With Mr. Wrong


Snowbound with Mr. Wrong
Title: Snowbound with Mr. Wrong
Author: Barbara White Daille
Release Date: November 7, 2016
Source: eGalley courtesy of publisher

Synopsis: 
Worst. Day. Ever. After Lyssa Barnett’s sister tricks her into reprising her role at Snowflake Valley's annual children's party, she doesn’t think anything can be worse than squeezing into her too-small elf costume. Then tall, dark, and way too handsome Nick Tavlock shows up to play Santa…and an unexpected storm leaves them snowbound in the isolated lodge.

The last thing Nick wants is to spend a cozy Christmas Eve with a trio of kids and the woman who dumped him. But as much as Lyssa frustrates him, he can't stop thinking about her. And soon, he's fighting very un-Santa-like thoughts of kissing a certain sexy Miss Elf under the mistletoe. As Nick starts to fall for Lyssa all over again, he knows it will take nothing short of a miracle to have Lyssa in his arms on Christmas Day.





My Review: 

Snowbound with Mr. Wrong was the perfect Christmas read for the beginning of November to put me in the holiday spirit! This book was extremely cute and entertaining! Even though I believe in waiting till December to start prepping for Christmas/Chanukah, I was perfectly okay with reading this one a little early!

I love cute little romances, especially ones that are under two hundred pages. I think they are the perfect way to escape for a little while and immerse yourself in someone else’s life.

While I enjoyed the overall story and idea of the book, I found it a little lacking at times. The whole premise was that this couple, Lyssa and Nick, are snowed into this cabin in the woods. They are exes and of course they have their problems, but instead of talking them through, they just acted childish.

I also felt like I was missing some vital information. There seemed to be a back story with other characters that was not explained to me and this is the first book in the series. It could be a spin off, but I’m not completely sure.

Though those were some things that irked me, I still found the story enjoyable. I was able to zip through it in about 2 hours during a class break. The romance was also very well done. There are some books that are steamy scene after steamy scene with no real plot, but this was not one of those books. The romance was a focal point, but it wasn’t the only thing going on.

All in all, the story was well-written and very cute. If you are looking for a book to curl up next to a fire, then this is the perfect story for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs