Monday, July 18, 2016

Review: The Heir

Title: The Heir
Author: Kiera Cass
Released: May 5, 2015
Synopsis:
Princess Eadlyn has grown up hearing endless stories about how her mother and father met. Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won the heart of Prince Maxon—and they lived happily ever after. Eadlyn has always found their fairy-tale story romantic, but she has no interest in trying to repeat it. If it were up to her, she'd put off marriage for as long as possible.
But a princess's life is never entirely her own, and Eadlyn can't escape her very own Selection—no matter how fervently she protests.
Eadlyn doesn't expect her story to end in romance. But as the competition begins, one entry may just capture Eadlyn's heart, showing her all the possibilities that lie in front of her . . . and proving that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she's always thought.

My Review:
Kiera Cass conquered The Bachelor now she must conquer The Bachelorette and I think she did that pretty dang well in her book, The Heir. I didn’t really know what to expect when I first picked this up. I was hoping for some cameos from my favorite characters from The Selection and Cass did not disappoint.
The world is the same as it was in The Selection. Only now, the castes are gone and the country seems fine, except some people are not quite so happy with the caste system being gone. There is unrest in the country that Maxon is trying so hard to keep calm, and what is his latest idea to do just that? Distract the country with his first born and heir to his throne, Eadlyn.
First off, Eadlyn is a brat. I absolutely hated her character in this book. She is snobbish and rude to people and she is kept in a bubble. She thinks she knows what is going on with her people and that she is a beloved princess, but she really isn’t. Her people don’t know her, and I wouldn’t want to know her either. She acts so entitled that I actually wanted to reach into the book and smack some sense into this girl.
Now, that being said, she does change. Once The Selection starts, she sees the world with whole new eyes. Her mind is opened to her people and what conditions are really like out there. BUT SHE IS STILL SO RUDE TO THESE BOYS. I am all for powerful females, but you need to balance the harsh with the kind. You can’t be cold and distant all the time, you really need to try and let yourself live a little. Eadlyn was barely living, though. She was closed off to the boys and the possibilities that they brought to the table. She did start to grow into a better person by the end of the book, but not by much…
I LOVED SEEING AMERICA AND MAXON. Gosh, I loved them in the first part of the series, and I still love them. They have their family and friends are close to them and ugh, it just makes me so happy. They still seemed so in love, even after twenty years of ruling a country together. Seeing them made the book so much better for me. I wouldn’t have minded hearing Maxon or America’s POV again. I miss them.
If you really enjoyed the first few books in The Selection series, pick up The Heir to continue your love for the royal family. Though, there were times when I didn’t understand why Cass was writing a continuation, but then I actually read it and I loved seeing the old and the new characters so much. It is a cute and fun read to pick up and finish in a few hours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to have your feedback! Let us know what you're thinking.

 
Design by Imagination Designs